Crostini with Ricotta, Basil Pesto, and Roasted Peppers
- 15 oz. Galbani® ricotta cheese
- 12-inch loaf Italian bread, cut into 1" slices
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, cut into 1/4 " strips
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh Basil Pesto:
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup pine nuts (toasted in oven at 350º f for 15 minutes)
- 4 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and white pepper
Fresh Basil Pesto:
Combine the garlic, pine nuts and basil in a food processor with olive oil, salt and pepper, and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Toast or grill bread until crusty and lightly golden brown.
- Spread one tablespoon of basil pesto onto each slice of bread.
- Top with one tablespoon of ricotta and a roasted red pepper slice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.